Friday, September 12, 2008

Sunny day at the zoo

Today we went to the Woodland Park Zoo with Amber & Dylan and Sommer, Brodie & Birkin. We had a great time walking around, enjoying the sun and looking at all the animals, and the boys had fun hopping in and out of each others' strollers. :) I realized days "out & about" with Dax are much easier than days at home. When we're out, he sleeps great in the stroller or strapped to me in the Baby Bjorn. He rarely takes long naps at home and pretty much just nurses all day. I might have to buck up and leave the house more. Yikes.

Here are a few photos of our lovely day. Brodie & Dylan having a snack near the elephant exhibit:

Super funny pic of the boys:

Sommer and Birkin:

Cute tiny turtles:

Gorgeous swan in the new flamingo exhibit:

My adorable firstborn:

Trying to join the flamingos (I was a nervous wreck taking this photo - totally certain he was going to plunge into the pool headfirst):

Cute boys:

Birkin eating Brodie's ice cream cone:

Pretty flowers at the Family Farm area:

Xander investigating a butterfly (the boys loved the Butterflies & Blooms exhibit):


Dylan & Xander taking a break before we headed home:


The zoo is so much fun for us all. We'll have to go a lot more often.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved the conversation that Dylan and Xander were having at that bench. I wish I could remember word for word. I'll have to bring along a pad and paper next time. I just remember they were cute.

ajsheree said...

We were at that zoo on Friday too! That would have been so fun to see you guys. Too bad. Glad you had such a good time...we took Liam for his first time and he loved walking everywhere. Miss you!

Anonymous said...

Aww you take some awesome photos. I haven' been to our zoo in ages, I think I will wait until Caden is old enough to appreciate it to go back (next summer hopefully)

MANDERS said...

Those are Great photos! Look like you all had a fun day!

Kelly said...

Aw, looks like fun! I know what you mean, Gideon generally sleeps so good when we go out too. And Judith is so much happier. I wish I was more extroverted.

Elizabeth said...

all those pics are soo great lauren. i wish our zoo was closer. ive never taken the kids since it's over an hour drive. little xandy is adorable as usual.