Tuesday, July 27, 2010

The weekend

We had the best weekend ever.

Friday I was gone all day shooting a wedding. It was such an amazing, awesome experience, and the girl who assisted me was absolutely wonderful - we totally want to start a wedding photography business now. :) I can't believe I never wanted to do weddings. My mom says "I told you so!!!" Haha. Anyway I got home around 11:30pm and my three adorable guys were all up waiting for me. I missed them so much all day and was so glad Juston hadn't put the boys to bed. :) They were freshly bathed and their clean-shampoo-hair smell just killed me; I plopped down in the hallway, pulled them both into my lap and squeezed them and smothered them with kisses. Funny how a day spent out of the house doing something creative and not being Mom totally recharges the ol' batteries!!

Saturday we managed to get ourselves and the boys up, dressed, and out in service. After that we came home and did some cleaning & putzing around the house, then met our friends Ryan & Natalie & their kids at the lake by their new house; hung out there for a while, laid in the sun and watched the kids play. So relaxing. Once we all were starving for dinner, we headed up the road to their new place - literally a five minute walk from the beach. They're renting the cutest, tiniest, 1930s cottage with a sweet view of Lake Washington. I am trying really hard to not be jealous. :) We BBQ'd burgers and stayed til 11 or so, then went home and went to bed.

Here are some photos from that afternoon. Dax in the lake:



Xander running:



View from Ryan & Natalie's living room - jerks! Haha!:



Dax having a snack on the deck:



View from the deck (R&N's daughter Riley in the cute dress, sneaking some watermelon):



Natalie fixing drinks, laughing at Dax:



Sunday we got up and went to meeting. Came home and got ready for the BBQ we'd planned. We had 3 couples and Juston's sister over; it was a really fun afternoon/evening. We all sat outside on the patio snacking and drinking and laughing, then BBQ'd chicken and corn. When it got dark Juston made a fire in our outdoor fireplace and we roasted S'mores. PERFECTION.

So I'm sure you can see with all this drinking and BBQing and S'more-making that we are at the end of our diet - haha. We finish "maintenance" this week; so we obviously totally cheated the last few days, but we didn't gain any weight so that's good. It's all about balance now - kind of Weight-Watchers-ish; being conscious of what you've eaten or what you're planning on eating later, and making adjustments accordingly. We are going to overhaul the pantry/fridge/freezer together and make sure we only have healthy stuff around; not just for us, but for the kids too. We're going to continue to avoid sugar and white flour, having things like that as a treat once in a while instead of staples in our diet.

Something major: Dax turned TWO yesterday. I cannot believe it. He is the awesomest, most adorable little stinkerpot you've ever seen. He constantly makes us laugh and can definitely hold his own with Xander. The two of them duke it out all the time but love each other soooo much. I have yet to move Dax into his big boy bed in the boys' new room .. I keep meaning to do it but I think subconsciously I'm not ready. I cannot believe my boys are 5 and 2. They are growing up so fast!! *SIGH* How does life go so quickly?!?

No comments: