I can't believe it! Last week Xander started Kindergarten. He is in a morning class from 9:15 to 11:50. Perfect schedule for us. Its been an adjustment to be "up and at 'em" (as my mom always used to say) instead of languishing around the house for hours like we usually do. Thankfully the school is a short drive; just a few minutes up the road so we don't have to leave the house until 9-ish.
On the first day, Xander refused to wear any of his new clothes, other than his new DC shoes which he is very excited about! He wore an old black DC shirt with gray pants (which he also wore last year on the first day of preschool) and his standard black Hurley hoodie. Little hoodlum! Oh well. He also insisted on posing next to the trailer in our front yard which was piled with new deck railing waiting to be stained. I didn't have an argument in me that morning, so here are some lovely First Day Of School photos.
Dax was very excited about Brother going to school:
Exciting four minute ride to school ..
Once you get to school, there are helper-people waiting outside to get the kids out of vehicles and walked in the door. Gotta love that .. no mommies getting rained on! But it was hard to just say goodbye and drop him off!!
Xander of course had zero problems or apprehension about going to school. So far he's been loving it although he seems a bit bored with what they're doing. It might be a lot of review for a while since he went to a great preschool last year and learned to write all letters and his name, etc. His teacher seems very nice and I am looking forward to volunteering in class and getting to know her better. This week we have a curriculum night and on the 22nd I have my first PTA meeting. I am laughing a lot about that .. "how have I become a PTA mom with school-aged children?!" What a trip.
We just got home from Disneyland so I'll have a big entry about that coming up!




4 comments:
I can't believe he's off at Kindergarten like that! So cute, so bitter sweet. I wish we had half-day Kinder here. It's so perfect for 5year-olds. Hope to hear more from you! Love the pics.
Disneyland!?!!! Say what?! You were in my neck of the woods! Funny that I live like 30 minutes away from it and have yet to go there :-P. We might make it once before our four years are up.
Xander and Dax are TOO CUTE!! Can't believe how quickly the time is flying by... It seems like yesterday you were baby-naming Dax!
sooo cute! too funny that he had his mind set on certain clothes and certain poses for the pics :)
sometimes i find myself wondering if max will be bored at kindergarten next year?! oh well ... he'll survive haha.
disneyland sounds fun!
What a crazy few weeks we've all had. I am a proud auntie! I love that the boys are at the same school too!
Post a Comment