Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Preschool!

Sooo bad about updating. I need to be better.

A very exciting milestone happened this week: Xander started preschool (should I be saying "pre-K" since he'll be going to Kindergarten next year?). He was SO excited .. literally every morning for a month he'd ask "is this the day I go to school?" Of course now that he's gone two days he seems to think he's too cool to even talk about it. My favorite thing he's said so far; after the first day I asked him "what did the other boys bring for sharing?" "Trucks." "What did the girls bring?" He replied with utter disgust: "girl toys."

Here he is, all spiffy and ready to go:



"Mommy, I want a picture with Daxie!":

Brother kisses:

I couldn't believe how big he looked wearing his official Big Boy Backpack:

Someday he won't ask to take pictures like this with me, so I'm soaking it up now:

It felt so weird being alone with Dax for three hours. I think Dax felt it too, because he was SO excited when Xander got in the car when we picked him up. He was smiling and waving and laughing hysterically at everything Xander did. I guess it must be weird to be alone in the backseat when you normally never are. We still have Dax's carseat rear-facing, so the boys always have a really good time in the car. Dax must have been lonesome without Xander back there. Here he was, waiting patiently for Xander when it was pickup time:


Someday Daxie will be going to Ms. Kecia's too. Its weird that this week started our life of having school-aged kids.

Poor Xander has impetigo .. who knows where he caught it, but what a gross thing to have. I hope it clears up ASAP.

My parents are in Europe and I miss them SO MUCH. I'm glad they're away having fun but I cannot wait until they get home. This morning while Xander was eating his breakfast he said "I miss Grammy and Pompom." We usually see them at least twice a week so there is a huge void in our lives right now!

3 comments:

Amber said...

Reading the whole story is wayyy better than just the pictures. I hope you keep blogging! :)

Elizabeth said...

Dax's carseat is sooo cute! I want it. Xander is a stud. I love it. Enjoy those hours alone! You are cute.

Anonymous said...

awww...he's so big!! We're homeschooling right now & Faith walks over to her grandma's for school time every day. Not quite the same, but I can sympathize.