I promise, PROMISE to start regularly updating this blog! I just love blogging and its such a good way to keep track of life. It is my newest goal: Be Better About Blogging.
Our living room has been so disastrous lately I haven't even been opening the blinds - I don't want anyone stepping on our porch to be able to look in & see the mess. Dax is one of those kids who gets massive amounts of joy from throwing things onto the floor - books, throw pillows & blankets, DVDs, etc; nothing makes him happier than singlehandedly destroying a room. He also likes to get in the coat closet and unload all the contents out of all the service/meeting bags we keep in there. When he's done in there, he likes to carry a bunch of kid-related items into our bedroom and dump them on the floor. I think he knows Mommy does not like kid things in the ONE grown-up room in this house. I have said "I give up!" so many times the last few weeks. My dreams of a stylish, nicely decorated house are slowly fading, becoming replaced by a barren personality-lacking kid-friendly house. I must find a way to merge the two ....
Juston has been working lately and its nice to have something of a routine in our lives again. I don't think it matters to the daddies as much, but us mommies know how important a routine is and how much we NEED it for a small bit of sanity.
Xander & Dax are awesome and bring so much joy and sunshine into my life. They've really been playing well together and enjoying each other the last few months. I love nothing more than hearing them laugh together. They do create quite a bit of mischief as well, and certainly fight a LOT, but having two boys is so much fun and sometimes I can't believe how lucky I am that I get to be their mom and watch them grow.
This week I have to pick up Xander's kindergarten registration packet. I cannot believe it is time for that already - wasn't he JUST born?! How did he turn into this tall, opinionated, almost-5-year-old so quickly? Crazyness. I got matching suits for him and Dax to wear to Christ's Memorial on the 30th and cannot wait to see how they look. Boys are so precious (especially my boys!).
I will be back later to upload some recent pics - right now I've got to wake Dax up from his nap, load the boys into the car and get Xander off to preschool. He has a dinosaur dig today which he has been very excited about. :)
2 comments:
i'm glad you updated!
i can't believe our boys will be in kindergarten this fall. max is so excited, though, so i'm happy for him. is xander excited?
I broke down and bought Dylan a suit too! They are going to look pretty darn cute! If only I can find black shoes!
The thought of kindergaten makes me so sad! I don't want them any older. I heart five year olds!
Post a Comment