Wednesday, May 26, 2010

My babies are growing up

Tomorrow is a big day: Xander graduates from preschool! The weather report looks favorable (yay!) and hopefully I'll get some decent pictures to document the exciting day. This is definitely a time of mixed emotions for me. I can't believe my big boy just turned FIVE and is now graduating from preschool. Before I know it he'll be going off to kindergarten .... then middle school ...... then graduating high school and REALLY freaking me out.

Dax turned 22 months today. How and why are my babies growing up so fast?! I can't take it!! Here are two recent snaps of them and their everyday cuteness.

Wrapped up in their "Grammy blankies" (that's what we call the blankets my mom made each of them before they were born!) getting ready to leave Grammy & Pompom's one evening.

 Dax on his awesome tiny little hand-me-down bike (thanks to the Lehman family for that!), of which he is TOTALLY obsessed. Notice how his handlebars are backward? Our poor boys inherited my supreme lack of skill with anything athletic whatsoever. [Sorry about that, guys. Daddy and I hope you get the best of each of us and be really good at math, reading, spelling, and saving money.]

We are really excited to begin summer vacation and start having lots of good times outside! Our new deck will be built soon and we plan on a lot of BBQs and backyard fun. Plus camping trips, days at the river, the Duvall Farmer's Market, tons of trips to the park, and everything else we love about summer. Yay!

3 comments:

Clair said...

So cute! How fun that you will have a kindergartner soon :) And I can't believe that your BABY is nearly 2. Yes, all this growing up has got to slow down!

Scout said...

aww yay! They're so big! It's so sad but so exciting all at the same time.

www.amberleephotography.com said...

The two of them in their blankets is so sweet! What a day today was. I couldn't be any happier! :)