I read recently that a big blogging no-no is starting every post with "so sorry I haven't blogged lately!" So I won't say that. I'll just say, between rejoining Facebook and proofing photos and messing around with my website, I obviously haven't given Blogger much attention. That's my story and I'm stickin' to it.
We are getting ready for summer around here! The weather's been improving and there's that feeling of summer-vacation excitement in the air. Xander has school on Monday & Tuesday next week, then a little graduation there on Thursday, and summer will officially begin! He is going to miss preschool and Ms. Kecia, but it will be really nice to not have to go anywhere on Mondays & Tuesdays anymore, and to get my old Monday routine back. Ms. Kecia sent home a little testing packet showing Xander's improvement over the school year. I was way impressed with everything he learned. He definitely learned more there than he would have learned if I'd tried to teach him at home. Over the summer we will be doing some 'home school' though, and will be working on writing lower-case letters, identifying numbers, and a bit of adding & subtracting. Xander is definitely going to be a math/numbers guy just like his daddy; he is really interested in it and doesn't have to be forced to do the work (unlike with writing and reading).
More Xander news: he turned five today. I can't believe it! The last five years have gone by SO quickly. We are so blessed to have him in our life. He is the smartest, most fun, awesome little guy ever and he is such a good big brother to Dax. I'm hoping to put together some sort of photo montage/slideshow of his five fun years. So stay tuned for that! In the meantime, here's a pic of him from the other night when we were out on Lonnie & Amber's boat. So big & handsome!

No comments:
Post a Comment