- I love looking at him in the rearview mirror while we're driving around. Its fun watching his cute little face and gorgeous blue eyes look around at the sights, and his questions and comments are always so adorable. He remembers everything - for instance, there was a beach ball by the curb near Xander's school a while back, and he'd always get so excited to see it. Then one day it was gone, and for weeks after that every morning he'd look for it and say "where'd that ball go?" He's finally forgotten about it!
- Its fun to take him places, just the two of us, while Xander is at school. He especially loves to go to True Value (the local tiny hardware store) and get a free bag of popcorn, which he always brags about to Xander when we pick him up (he always shares, after he brags). "Looka my popcorn, Zaaaaander."
- He is forever requesting to go to Trader Joe's and the gym.
- He likes Juston or me to read I Was So Mad every night at bedtime; he's always very worried when the monster loads up his wagon and walks out the door on a mission to run away.
- He could be pottytrained but I am really lazy about it. He thinks its awesome to wear 'grunders' around the house and will always come get me immediately when he has an accident. "I peed on the floor, Mommy." He's usually quite good about getting to his little pottychair in time and is always so proud of himself.
- He never wants to eat a good breakfast; he asks for chips or Goldfish or cheese every morning. I make him eat peanut butter toast.
- He likes to watch Star Wars every morning while Xander is at school. [The old one, where Luke learns the Force. My personal favorite as well.]
- He is always bonking his head or falling in the road or hurting himself in other ways. I think he'll be my always-bruised-and-scabby kid .. and I'm certain he'll be the one to make me go gray eventually. He likes to wander off and isn't afraid of anything. I didn't write on here about when he burned his hand on the glass front of a fireplace resulting in an ambulance ride and night spent in the hospital burn unit. Good times.
- He can destroy a room in about three seconds. He loves to throw things on the floor and smash food and dump out Legos or puzzle pieces.
- He is very independent and wants to do everything himself. He becomes furious when I insist on brushing his teeth after he does it himself. He likes to throw his diaper away every morning and has to make a basket in the garbage can .. if he misses, he will keep trying until he makes a basket. Sometimes this takes quite a while.
- He recently broke our gigantic flat screen TV by throwing a toy at it. It cracked the screen and ruined the TV. That was a sad week at our house to be sure. It was the first time in my nearly 6 years of parenting that I've called Juston in tears over something kid-related.
- He imitates everything Xander does. I am trying to teach Xander that this means he must be on good behavior all the time. But you can imagine how that goes. The two of them are always constructing guns out of Legos or train tracks and hiding in the house to "shoot" me as I walk by. Lovely.
He is totally obsessed with this Hulk mask. He likes to "scare" us all with it. He pretends he's Ironman or Darth Vadar while wearing it though .. rarely does he think he's the Hulk.
And here he is, in grunders and boots (why not?), shooting me with a train-track gun:
Ohhh, he is so adorable. I do not want him to grow up. Everyone should get to have a kid like this!

1 comment:
Awww, loved reading about all the memories. So precious. You're a great mommie!
Post a Comment