Thursday, April 8, 2010

Citizen Cope

There aren't many things better than seeing a band/singer you love, live and in person. Oh wait .. its even better when you get to see them up close & personal. Oh and yeah, its even better when you get to see the band/singer for FREE. My point? On Saturday my nieces and I went to Easy Street Records and saw Citizen Cope for free. We also got a bunch of stuff for free (after we bought his new LP for a mere $8.99). Best part? We even met him and got autographs. Dreamy. That was literally all I could say when it was my turn to meet him and get an autograph: "you are dreamy." Thankfully he smiled, said thanks, and didn't call security. I've been smiling ever since.

We got there verrrrry early and waited a LONG time for this door to slide open:


I didn't take too many pictures during the show, since I was too blissed-out to take the time to make my camera work with the lighting (gimme a break, I'm still learning how to use my new Nikon!), and I did not want to use a flash. I did however take quite a few videos which I will not post here but will most definitely share on YouTube for people so unfortunate to have missed such an awesome show.


Easy Street is a cool place; I'd never been there before.



I bonked my nose really hard on that CD shelf right before taking the above picture. Its a long story.


It was a fun day and I was happy to spend it with my nieces. We got screamed at and harassed by a homeless man; he dropped the F bomb and called me a dinosaur ... it was quite entertaining for my nieces. Side note: its crazy how quickly people grow up. I remember vividly the moments each of my nieces were born, and now they're 18 & 19 and into the same music as me, and asking me to go to shows with them. How old am I again?!

No comments: